Tuesday, April 16, 2013

There's something about anime that I like

Anime has a certain "taste" about it for me.  It could be the big eyes, cute gestures, or curvy figures that draw me to them, or it could be the story lines that people produce that make them so enticing.  Either way, I have a taste for anime, it won't be something that will leave my life any time soon.

My history with it is a little boring and vague but I'll tell you how I got into anime.  Before being properly introduced to anime I was into cartoons.  Simple Nickelodeon shows were my niche in my younger years.  I mainly watched Rugrats, it was my favorite show.  Later on I got into Pokemon and when my brother and sister would come over we would all watch Dragon Ball Z.  I didn't think of them as "anime" at the time but became familiar with the term none too many years following.
 During my ninth grade year I moved in with my other half of my family, because my mom had moved away due to a temporary job transfer, so I got to spend some time growing up with my older siblings.  The whole new family switch up was alright at first but I soon realized it wasn't vacation but a life change that I had to adapt to.  Sadly, I didn't adjust too well.  I was young and rebellious as well as hormonal, you can see where I'm going with that right?  I had quite a few fall outs with my family, though they wouldn't compare to when I moved back in with my mom but this isn't my main focus of this "history".  I found a small escape into anime.  I guess you could say I thoroughly recognized it as such around that time.  I enjoyed it, in more ways than one.  
The stories drew me in and the art, oh the art, was so amazing.  What I had been exposed to at the time doesn't compare to the art I've been exposed to recently but at the time it was stunning.  I couldn't relate with the fanatical stories, for obvious reasons, but the escape in most of them made me feel...in short emotional.  Not in a negative way but relatable in the sense that I could feel how they felt and I really let myself get into the stories.  Mind you, I was very easily influenced at the time.  Never the less I've always been artistic and have always loved cartoons.

Long story short it had an affect on me in many ways and has brought me to this point.  I'm an aspiring anime artist and a lover of anime.  I'm no fanatic but I am a story lover.  I do plan on delving deep into the other aspects of the culture with cosplay, 3D, and plenty of other things.  I plan on bringing everyone along who is willing to join me on this journey.  

I'm an impatient person but I'm learning to be patient, especially with my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment